Saturday, October 13, 2012

Organizing the tangles, the supplies... and the ART Part 1

As I said in my previous post, I adore art. Those of you who know me well, also know the kind of persnickety way I am about things being "just so", as far as organized. I loathe not being able to find the things I'm looking for. Regardless of if its at work or at home.

So I organize. Now, that doesn't mean my space is spotless or perfect. Far from it in fact. I have the same level of "life" around my space as anyone else. But I have a desire to group the different aspects of said "life" (note, I do not use clutter, stuff, junk or other words. These things aren't that. They are just part of "life". I only have 2 places that collect Junk - A table and the desk by the garage door. Luckily even that stays pretty well contained to just those 2 spaces.) together.

Example: At work, I have a nifty desk organizer (customizable to a certain extent - from Staples) that I keep my major and important items - filing to be done, things I need to follow up with my supervisor on etc - neatly kept in. I have a "meeting" notebook for all things meeting related. I have a Phone log book to track all the calls and details related to them I receive in. The rest of my desk might look like a tornado hit it at points, but these items are my safe haven, where I know I can find exactly what I'm looking for at any point.

Home is not all that different. I have a "craft room" or office, and my hubby has an office. They are across the hall from one another. Our house isn't huge and we don't have a basement, so our offices serve as our "man cave" and "woman cave". I have things organized here, just like at work. A shelf devoted to books - I don't own tons, I utilize the library quite a bit. I only buy the books that get me hooked that I would love to re-read periodically, just like watching the Wizard of Oz or Goonies when ever they are on TV. I have a neat organizer for my beads and jewelry making items. I have cabinets and drawers where my other craft items are kept...

But as I said before, I'm hooked on Zentangle. So, I have a shelf devoted to it in my credenza hutch. Organizers for office supplies contain my meager (but growing thanks to my sweet hubby) collection of pens, pencils, water colors, artist markers and other related tools. I keep my sketch book and my tangles book there as well as the item (s) I'm currently working on.

I'll keep this here and make this a multi-part post. In my next post I'll explain what the heck a tangle is and share some neat ideas I'd like to implement in my space regarding tangle, supply and art organizing. I'll also pepper the next post with images of my art. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment