Friday, October 26, 2012

Worrying about my youngest cat...


Pets. For some they are "just a cat" or "just a dog" but for many people I know, they are as much a member of the family as anyone else. For my Hubby and I, our pets are our furkids.

We have 3 cats and a dog. One big happy family!

Our oldest is a 5 year old blue point Siamese boy.
Our middle kids are a female black cat from the shelter who's 4 and a tortoise point Siamese shelter girl who's 3.
The baby of the family is the dog, a 20 month old Schnoodle.

Our tortoise point is sick. She develops crystals in her bladder. It gives her infections, so she's on prescription food to help prevent the crystals. But it seems like once a year or so she gets sick and we have to take her to the vet. She's had surgery once to remove the crystals. One of them was as big as a ping pong ball. I can't imagine how much that sucks.

Well, she's had another flare up. She's at the vet overnight, and I'm hoping the urine test comes back that she's ok and that it's something minor.

My heart is in my throat because we don't have the means to keep trying to get her better. I'm nervous, and I worry about her. I worry it's crystals again. She's having to spend the night at the vets office, in a crate, alone. Instead of being home and being loved on and cuddled, and sleeping on my pillow next to my head…

If we have to make the miserable choice to have her put to sleep, I'll feel guilty for not having the resources to save her, for letting her down. But I don't want her to suffer. And having had a urinary tract infection before I know how bad they suck. Throwing in the unimaginable  feeling of having a ping pong ball sized rock bouncing around in your gut makes me even more positive that I don't want my fluffy girl suffering.

Time will tell. We should know more tomorrow. In the mean time I worry and I cry and I hope she's not too miserable. Cuz I am.

Pardon my putting it out there. Just worried.... and feeling kind of down...

No comments:

Post a Comment