Thursday, October 25, 2012

Technology - programs, programs everywhere

So, yep, I'm a techie geek. I love computers and gadgetry. iWhatevers, SmartPhones, I even had a palm pilot back in the day when they were black and grey non back lit screens... As cool as Hardware is, Software can be pretty dang awesome.

I just found out today how very cool Microsoft One Note is. Holy Crow! I can see my work day become so much easier. All things (including words in a picture!!) are searchable by the search box. you can make files into pictures to make things easier to locate (kind of like a screen shot). It will automagically put a link to the file or web page or what ever you copy and paste.

*mini happy dance* Those of you who have seen my handwriting (not the decent Artwork lettering, but my hurried hieroglyphic looking penmanship) know how much nicer typing up notes and things will be. I'll actually be able to READ my notes 2 days later!

I know there's always been the idea that computers could make things paperless, and I'm sure it's still a long way off, but >this woman< is going to try and go as paperless as possible at least as far as important work related notes go... if only for my own ease and convenience!

Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment