Friday, October 5, 2012

Zentangle - proof that I CAN in fact make decent looking art!

So I have a new found addicting awesome and fun hobby. I've always been into crafts. Starting with when I was in Girl Scouts and couldn't wait to get my hands on beads, pipe cleaners, wacky tacky or popsicle sticks all the way through adulthood with cross stitch, crochet, polymer clay and jewelry making, arts and crafts have been part of my life for a very long time. I'd actually go so far as to say they are part of who I am.

The truth is, even if I suck at the craft I'm attempting, I enjoy the creative endeavor it is. I'm obviously much happier if it doesn't suck, but I never know if I can do it unless I try.

Case in point, Zentangle. The official term is Zentangle, which is the name of the marketed art form. Though it's also known as patterning, doodling, zen doodle and a gazillion other terms.  I happened across it while surfing the next about 6 weeks ago. I instantly became hooked. It's SO simple! but I have yet to make an "ugly" Zentangle (or Zentangle Inspired Art piece - a ZIA). I've tangled tons of different patterns, I've filled almost a whole 100 page sketch book. I've just about wore out the fine point pen I use to make the tangles, and I've yet to find a boring point.

Explaining what zentangle is is much too hard to me. I recommend you follow this link if you'd like to learn more.

I haven't uploaded any of my artwork yet. Expect that soon.

I'm headed offline to work on more art. I adore this stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment